Safe Haven Farms would not be what it is today without the many volunteers who have so generously shared their skills, effort and time. We welcome support from corporations, small companies, church organizations, social organizations, school organizations, Scout groups, friends, family, and caring individuals not associated with any particular group. Whether you are an individual or a group of 40-50, if you want to make a difference we would love to speak with you!
Some volunteers help out for a day or part of a day, while others help on a more regular basis. Examples of volunteer activities include:
- Property maintenance and improvement projects large and small - volunteers have built picnic shelters, assembled greenhouses, cleared hiking trails in the woods, made new hiking trails, painted, repaired fencing, cleared brush along fences, planted trees, improved drainage
- Support social events - decorate, cook, serve food, play music, and dance with residences at our many social events, including monthly birthday dances and holiday picnics and celebrations. No holiday is too small -- we like to celebrate them all!
- Equestrian volunteers - assist riders in our equestrian program (no riding experience necessary)
- Support annual events - help plan, communicate, set up, decorate, clean up, make crafts or find sponsors for our annual fundraiser events and our annual open house/craft show
- Support ongoing communications - write an article for our Spring or Fall newsletter, help keep our website and Facebook pages up to date
To inquire about the volunteering please call us at 513-422-1880 or click the here to send a message to the volunteer coordination team.